Monday 16 February 2009

The Fucking Co-op

I went to work today had a look at the express and star newspaper, it almost like a daily bible reading ( as there are two editions, a first and a final) for the peolple who live in Wolverhampton and must know everything about the bloody place.
The amount of abuse I have recieved about the apparent lack of available express and stars. My answer being, well I am sorry but we are a shop so we do sell them so we will run out, if you wanted it you should have came in earlier. Not very friendly I know! I do have good customer service skills - honest!! But I wish the people who moaned about the newspapers would bugger off. There are a million other shops in Wolverhampton selling the same paper.

Anyway, there was an article in there today about the co op, and how they have spent an absloute fortune on an advert that will be shown during an entire advert break in Coronation street tonight!! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY! It is ridiculous, an ad break is like what 3-5 minutes, what on earth are they going to advertise! For a start, we never have half of the stock in that appears on those adverts.
Such a waste of money though - when staff hours are having to be cut because the same company cannot afford the staff wages. Ridiculous. Less money on stupid things like posters and a whole advert lasting 5 minutes, and more money spent on staff wages.
Plus someone in work has stole my co op fleece - which I despise! But still it's not the point. That was mine!!

1 comment:

  1. I bank with the Co-op and I'm a member, mostly because of their ethical policy. It didn't take long to work out that they didn't include customers - and workers, it seems. Hope you're in a union.

    ReplyDelete